A Strong Foundation: Top 5 Things to Consider Choosing a Crate Manufacturer
1. The most important thing to consider when designing a crate (beyond the object’s length, width, and height) is its weight. This determines how the crate base must be constructed. For heavier items, a sturdier base is needed to ensure the payload isn’t damaged during transport. Without that sturdy base, you risk the bottom of the crate separating from the rest of the crate and the payload potentially plummeting, ruining an otherwise sturdy shipment.
2. Crates intended for international shipping must adhere to certain requirements (ISPM 15), which stipulates that they must be heat treated to ensure no insects can travel on the wood. At Diversified, we are certified to stamp our heat treated crates, helping to ensure they make it through customs as quickly and smoothly as possible. We can also provide a heat treated lumber certificate to further expedite the shipping process.
3. Cost is always a priority, but make sure you aren’t sacrificing quality in the name of a cheaper crating service. Our in house engineer always seeks to lower crating costs as much as possible while still ensuring the contents will remain safe and secure throughout the shipping process. Diversified Crating makes it easy to save money without compromising quality. Don't pay more than you need to, for your peace of mind.
4. Crates should not only allow added room for the item being shipped; they should be sufficiently insulated to prevent damaging the cargo in transit. With our wide array of custom foam offerings, we know exactly how to package even the most delicate products. Even if a package doesn’t require foam, we can provide other layers of protection to ensure easy and effortless transit.
5. You don’t have to be an expert to order a crate! At least, not when you choose Diversified. We’ll work with you and your experience level. We’re committed to making this process as painless and simple for you as possible. We pride ourselves on our dedication to our work and to ensuring customer satisfaction. Our team is with you each step of the way until you're ready to ship. Our in-house engineer can provide a no-charge consultation, and our quote will be thorough, easy to understand, and oriented toward total customer satisfaction.