Diversified Crating & Packaging, Inc. is a woman-owned, minority owned small business manufacturer that was founded in 1981 in Southern California. Our initial mission was to manufacture custom wood crates and shipping containers for the Aerospace Industry. Through the years, we have had the pleasure of collaborating with Southern California’s premier businesses from the Aerospace, Commercial Manufacturing, High Tech and Entertainment Industries. We offer superior craftsmanship and customer partnerships for all shipping containers and other custom case solutions. Our clients include: Boeing, Northrop, Triumph, Raytheon, Disney and Orbital ATK.
"A leader in the So CA crating industry, Diversified Crating is one of the most reputable and long-established So CA crating suppliers. We provide top quality, affordable crates, and our expert engineering consultation helps ensure that your shipment arrives securely."
Diversified Crating reflects the following values and philosophies:
Our Business Beliefs:
- The customer’s needs are top priority.
- We treat all of our clients, vendors and employees with respect and dignity. We partner with our clients throughout the manufacturing process.
- We strive to manufacture quality shipping containers and other wood products at a reasonable price.
- The final products are completed on time and correctly so the client’s big-picture timeline is not disturbed in any way.
- We find the most cost effective solution for our clients. We treat our customer’s budgets with the same respect as our own money.
We are conveniently located in the South bay area of Los Angeles in Gardena, CA off of the 110, close to the 105, 91, and 405 freeways. Our facility is in close proximity to the ports of Los Angeles and Long beach as well as LAX, Long Beach airport and John Wayne International Airport. Word of our quality and craftsmanship as a manufacturer of wood shipping containers has spread beyond California.
Expert Engineering Consultation
Diversified offers expert engineering review and analysis crating consultation at no charge to our customers.
For experienced engineers with complex aerospace/defense designs:
- Having access to Diversified’s in-house engineer means another set of experienced eyes will review your DWGs to ensure that your designs are built exactly to spec.
- Occasionally questions arise, so our engineer will confer with you to confirm the optimal materials and manufacturing process.
- We can also offer suggestions for modifications, which are generally appreciated and adopted by our clients’ engineers.
Not an engineer? No worries!
- Our engineer can go to your site and take dimensions.
- He'll prepare a plan of the best way to combine multiple items you’re shipping
- And he'll recommend a crate that is neither overbuilt nor underbuilt.
Value to our Customers
The value of this engineering consultation service is normally $125/hour, but it is free to Diversified’s customers.
For any questions you may have regarding shipping containers or custom shipping containers in Southern California, call us today!